View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 11:09 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleocards View Post
It actually was a "Best Offer" that was accepted for $8600 - another "new record" sale but not quite 5-figures yet.
kinda biased, but i have always thought the koosman rc was severely undervalued / underappreciated and sorta still is*...especially centered examples.

obviously each key rc has it's own issues of flaws, but the 68 runs the gamut...

ya have to contend w/ general horrific centering not only on the front, but the back as well.

then ya have major tilt issues, burlap borders/corners, several different pd factors and then differentiating from the reg and the mb.

(if you are doing his basic topps player run, the mb card cant be used)

once ya get past all that, then there's 2 more versions to snag.

the opc and the veni.

my nine is a mb, and while it would carry more value in the mb holder, i havent sent her in because of this very reason.

other than all of that, does any other hof rc card have so many issues and different variations? in any sport?

oh yeah, and it's an uncorrected error card! ("senational" spelling on back)

* i do not think that sgc 98 that is currently on the bay is a 1.2 million dollar card, however i could see decent 8s pushing the gas to about the 15 mark before finally leveling off for a little while.

Last edited by begsu1013; 05-22-2016 at 02:07 PM.