View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:49 AM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It is the thin paper, same as my other type 1s. I don't post my name, so I won't give opinions about the purchase, but I will share the message traffic back and forth between me and the seller (names and address edited out):

Him
"Hi Ed , I was expecting far more for this card and several people asked asked an update about selling it off line . I will honor this sale but i don't wish to wait for weeks for the money WILL YOU SENT ME A MO since you know me and have bought other good cards from me ? I will offer you other great rare cards as well if you would do that more me , Thank"

Me
"I paid immediately via paypal. You should already have access to the funds."

Him
"Hello Ed Are you a Raw collector ? which sets besides the Coupons and T206's do you collect ? Red Cross , etc rare backs I am closing a major deal of these types ."

Me
"I collect many of the prewar types. I will be happy to watch your sales, I am on e-bay all the time. My friends collect as well, I would be happy to point them at your auctions as well. Has the Coupon Molesworth shipped yet?"

Him
"I explained that it takes 3 weeks to get paid with Paypal and my family is in serious crisis start here by answering in detail

Are you a Raw collector ? which sets besides the Coupons and T206's do you collect ? Red Cross , etc rare backs Thanks"

Me
"First, I am sorry if your family is having a hard time right now, I understand that it is hard when you need to take care of your family. I will tell you that your below message does not come across very well. First, when I pay by paypal, your funds are available to you right away. I am very experienced in how e-bay works. So it does not take 3 weeks to get the funds, unless there is something on your end, and that is out of my control. I am not going to send you a money order, you already have been paid, and those funds have already been deducted from my account. Further, sending you a money order leaves me unable to recoup anything if you fail to deliver. Next when you write that I have to "start here by answering in detail..." what type of collector I am, when all I have done is make a purchase and made immediate payment, and asked you when/if the item has shipped, it makes me nervous as to why you are asking me about my collecting. When you go and purchase something, does the sales person ask you what you plan to do with it? Wouldn't you think that was odd if they did? Finally, it will not help your family problems if you do not ship the card, I will go through e-bay and you will be down more money when they pull back my payment from you. If you list more items, I would be happy to continue bidding on them. That is how e-bay works, someone lists, someone buys, the purchaser pays, the seller ships. This is a simple transaction, nothing more than that. Please understand that I do not know you, there is nothing personal involved here. I bought something I was interested in, and so far, you have not delivered. That is all there is to it."

I never heard from him again. When the expected delivery date came and went, I opened a non-delivered item case, and it came a couple days later. I was seriously doubting it would arrive. I just wanted to share this and say thank you to everyone on the board that has shared their hard lessons learned, because it was on here that I learned not to ever send a money order to someone you don't know, or you have no recourse to prove you paid for the item. So thanks guys for always sharing those stories, and thanks Leon for giving us an outlet to share knowledge.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com