View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Reread the posts above.

If you were to purchase an item from a Probstein123 auction you would have the following tools at your disposal:

- You would be able to see what collection the consignment came from, allowing you to avoid certain consignors (i.e. The GEM Collection).
- You can see how many unique bidders you are bidding against (a handy tool used to spot shill bidding).
- You can see how many bid retractions other bidders have (a handy tool to decide if you're up against shady characters)
- You can see how often someone is bidding and their bidding patterns (vital to spot shill bidding)

Name one auction house that provides these tools.
Jason - I have no stake in this but it would seem to me that these protections that you refer to are provided by ebay, with the exception being able to see The Gem Collection.
I wonder if Mr Probstein would provide such protections if ebay did not.
I have been reading this thread with curiosity and interest but I don't know Mr Probstein nor have I ever bid in his auctions.
I would be curious to know if you think he would provide such protection and information if he was not using ebay and perhaps used simpleauctionsite.com
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.