View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextlevel View Post
This would be immediately after the era of overproduction. Everybody in the late 80's and early 90's were buying cards to put away for retirement. People were paying ridiculous prices for OPC premiere, Stadium Club, Kevin Maas rookies, etc, etc. That crash cost a lot of people money. Now of course this wasn't across all areas of collecting, but nevertheless, the "card market" dropped big time. I understand that this was the overproduced crap, but the people who were dumping money into the hobby had no clue(maybe like the people now dumping money into the sportscard market and inflating prices), and the rug was pulled out from under them. It all comes down to choosing wisely. If you know a collectibles market, then you can use it as an investment vehicle and limit the downside.
Yeah I remember that stuff and superpremium cards and all that but other than some individual cards like Canseco tanking and maybe wax prices of the really overproduced crap I don't remember a major drop. But if that's the last time it's been quite a while, no?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-08-2016 at 07:52 PM.