View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Accepting PayPal for Payment. - Which Type of Account...?

Posted By: Anonymous

Either a business or premier paypal account is fine. You can still accept credit card payments with a business account.

You can have 2 paypal accounts in your name...I have a personal account too. Paypal says you can only accept $500 per month in transactions on personal accounts. this is not true...you just have to word the transaction as 'goods other' when initiating a payment request. to eliminate paypal fees, the funding source for this has to be bank transfer, paypal balance transfer or electronic check (not debit or credit card). personal accounts are great for outside of ebay transactions when funding by one of the above methods. I use it all the time and pay zero fees when accepting payments.

whatever you do - make sure you research 'seller protection' before you begin taking payments and mailing items. and insurance protects you the seller, not the buyer. if an item is not signed for or scanned by the post office then you'll more than likely lose any paypal claim for non receipt of items. make sure to dot your i's when receiving paypal payments and shipping items.