View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Default GAI - Global Authentication

Posted By: (www.bestbaseballcards.com)

I would "HARDLY" make the statement that GAI isn't as strict as PSA or BGS based on "ONE CARD". I said I recieved my first. I have seen many cards on ebay with GAI that are graded too high. I have even started collecting scans of GAI graded cards. It is my intention to buy several and then send them to "beckett" and see what they show and publish my findings, and let the public make their own decisions. As far as being friendly, I would hardly give that any presidence...if they are new and small, they HAVE TO BE to get some market share...what scares me is that if I buy a GAI 9 for $500, and it comes back as a bgs 8 worth only $200...then we have some real problems.

You seem "almost" "too-pro" GAI where you may have an interest in the company? I posted the message to get some feedback, and to hopefully share some information with other collectors for our "mutual interest" for our investments.

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of money (currently unemployed), to send several expensive GAI graded cards to beckett for some "honesty" finding. If they prove to be grading "accurately" and "fairly", that would be GREAT...but so far, I don't see it that way....

As far as PSA grading, I have found that they have become "stricter" more recently, since Beckett has stole a lot of their business. Personally, I am a beckett man...I only buy BGS/BVG unless I can't find a card except for PSA.

On another note, is there anyone out there that knows ebay userid "godswork". They have been buying up all the 1980 (psa/bvg 8's and 9's) rickey henderson rookies. ...and since he has started buying them up, they went from $200 to $400 over the past few months....He must have bought a few hundred of rickey's rookies over the last 6 months....I picked up a few for myself seeing the price has been driven up. Why would someone buy hundreds and hundreds of 1980 rickey henderson rookies?

I wonder if we will see some GAI 9 rickeys come on the market?....surely most MINT rickeys that are gradeable have already been graded...