View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default Can anyone help me date this photo?

Posted By: Bryan Long

I finally got a message back from Columbia University regarding the picture. The e-mail is below:

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for your email inquiring about the photo of the two baseball players. I had a staff member search Columbia College yearbooks from 1890 to 1910. She did not see any individuals that looked like the two gentleman in the photo you provided. What she did figure out was that the last year baseball players wore those waffle-type pants was in 1906. The first yearbook to have photos of the baseball team in it is the 1896 edition, picturing the 1894 baseball team.

I am afraid we can not spend any more staff time investigating this query. If you ever have the opportunity to come to New York, you are more than welcome to search through the yearbooks and our photo collection yourself.

Regards,

Jocelyn Wilk

My next question is . . . where can I go from here? Is my search over with or are there other places that may be able to help. The guys in the picture are pretty unique in appearance to me so I would think that if there are in the yearbook then they would be found. Just looking to get some ideas on more research options.
Thanks,