View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 12:59 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Not to take a thing away from Mathews, but technically speaking, not a record -- HOF'er Joe Malone, although long a star
in the NHL's pro predecessor, the NHA, potted five goals in his first NHL game, the very first NHL game ever (1917).
We'd bet there are other examples, given the tiny rosters and high level of scoring back then.
The NHL often thinks its history began when Bettman became league President.
LOL. Glad it was before he came along, but yes, you're right, Matthew's 4 was the first in the modern era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
....and if you saw the interviews at the end of the game, the kid blamed himself for the loss, because he blew his defensive assignment on the overtime goal, so he's got a good head on his shoulders to.

He almost looked embarrassed in the promotional pictures of him holding the four pucks, because his team lost the game.

Now if the Leafs could find somebody else to put the puck in the net.
He is very mature, smart, and has a good head on his shoulders. Babcock says he acts more like a 27 yr old, not a 19 yr old.

Marner and Nylander, I thought looked really good last night too, especially Marner, but I see both turning out to be pretty good players too. They will just need a bit of time but I see these 3, plus Morgan Rielly really making a difference with the Leafs this year, at least I hope!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...ason-1.3802506

After the game, I searched E-Bay for Austen's RC only to find out it hasn't officially been released yet. I ended up purchasing some cards however just to have but these aren't official.
"2015 Auston Matthews Hot Shot Centres Teen USA Rookie Card RC" and a "Future Stars card" For a few bucks, I thought WTH.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (76.4 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by irv; 10-13-2016 at 01:00 PM.