View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Default REA Lot 319 (Piedmont Cigarette Pack)

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Jerry - Thanks for posting that pack and that is absolutely amazing. For those that care, this pack has absolutely no chance of having an N43 unless AG packaged these cards into RSC boxes 23 years+ after the distribution ended.

I think Jerry said it best how this is a clear example of authentication by those who do not know or understand cigarette packs. In fact, GAI should not have even needed to look at a tax stamp to correctly date this box. I’ll give the board a little test to show what a simple mistake this is and how easily anyone who has even the tiniest bit of knowledge of cigarette packs could have dated this box correctly…

Pictured below are two additional RSC cigarette boxes that seem to be very similar to the one Jerry posted above, however each has one huge difference. One of the boxes below would have contained an N43. The other box would have been produced between 1890 and 1911. The one Jerry pictured above was made after 1911. Can anyone tell the difference? I bet this isn’t difficult for even the untrained eye.

Photobucket

Photobucket