View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default thats not really how Rainouts work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
David,
I mean no disrespect, but especially with rainouts, it's been my experience that game numbers don't actually tell the story.
Since this game 2 ticket is a rain check, it could be used for any future game in the season if it was, in fact, rained out. The day that the ticket was used, the Senators played Boston and likely lost 8-3 as noted by the patron. Nothing that I see on the ticket nails down the year as 1913 BTW. For this reason, I did not use the game number 2 as an absolute guide in my assessment and I agree in that this assumes that the game was completed as a game of record. It could be from any year between 1913-1919 according to our good friend Dan Busby's book on Washington Senators tickets.
thats not really how Rainouts work
the ticket stub would have to be exchanged at the ticket office for any future
game , and not just presented at the turnstile , as how would the ticket collector know which game was rained also once torn you could not use that
stub to gain reentry into the park , if so it could be handed back through the fence a hundred times to all the neighborhood kids ,
I think the writing was added at later date based on looking at retro games played ,