View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
It certainly is.
I only mentioned that a separate section in another forum I participate in had a section where discourse on any subject was available.
If people don't want to read opinions on controversial subjects they just avoid the separate section.
Weird thing happened there. On my phone I typed the message you quoted, intending to elaborate, then decided it was too difficult to type on the phone and my elaboration was not important, so I attempted to cancel. Oddly, it posted. I must have screwed up something.

But I'll go ahead and elaborate now. I used to participate heavily in the 'Anything Goes' section of another hobby forum. I made few friends and a lot of enemies. I eventually had to abandon the entire forum. Years later I went back, but now only visit the classifieds and rarely the main forum. The problem is that when I visit the main forum I meet idiots and then I'm tempted to see just how stupid they are by visiting the 'Anything Goes' section.

I really don't want to find out how stupid the members here might be, or reveal how stupid I am, which is what internet discussions of politics and religion tend to do. So thanks Leon.