View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Default 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 grading eligable question...Help Im new to this

Can anyone help me out with some answers about the SGC grading requirments? Here is the question I have...I own an 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 Capt. IRWIN and MAUL. Phila card. The back of card has the advertisement for PRIZES if the cards are returned. My card, on the picture front, seems to have the back of the card advertisement imprinted on it. I dont know if it was printed in error that way and thats how it came or if another card was on top of my card and the print from the back of the top card came off on it, or maybe the card was returned for a prize and they stamped the card front to validate it? This card was my great grandfathers, and unfortunatly he passed before I was born so trying to find out how it happened, is impossible. My question is...is it worth sending to get SGC graded of does this make my card a rejected card and not worth grading? I have attached a front and back picture of the card (the imprint on the front of the card looks much darker in the picture then it actually is on the card) If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1887 Kalamazoo card back.jpg (62.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 1887 Kalamazoo card front 1.jpg (62.1 KB, 163 views)