View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Doug Goodman

I picked up another Joe D a couple days ago, which gives me 11 different versions.

1 : I have a DC version, but for some reason haven't scanned it.

2-3-4 : There are three with NY on the right hand side.

The middle one is easiest to spot the difference based on the placement of his foot in relationship to the text on the right hand side.

The text on on both sides of the top one is inside the width of the picture, while on the bottom one the text is printed wider.

5-6-7-8-9-10-11 : There are seven with New York on the right hand side.

The top two have the letter J in Joseph level with the other letters, and the placement of the text on the right hand side is different.

The next four all have a "dropped J" in Joseph. The top and bottom look to have the same placement of all the text, so you might think they are the same, but note on the bottom one that the font is different. It is easiest to spot on the left hand side,the "M" in magazine is different, and the "k" in York is different.

On the other two (the 2nd and 3rd down) see how the foot is lined up with the name differently? Also the text on the right hand side of #3 goes beyond the picture.

The bottom on has a way smaller name, and see how the right hand text has different placement, with the little box to the right of York?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBM-DI Maggio Joseph-New York-NY-fonts.jpg (77.1 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg BBM-DI Maggio Joseph-New York-New York-fonts.jpg (78.3 KB, 419 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 02-25-2017 at 06:32 PM.