View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Honus Wagner-Piedmont

Posted By: joe

I think Sean has been watching too many rap videos. Oh' wait, this is someone else.
No offense, Sean. I couldn't resist.
"What company put the card out. I have ask this question for over 4 years and no one know the answer. So I did the resarch for you. There isn't a company out there that put this card out as a reprint."
This guy wants to know what company reprinted these cards: the Capital company reprinted the entire set and put it in a nice faux-wood box and labeled it :T-206 The Monster." See, I have that set. It loks of washed out. Cost $30 for the whole set. But I think this guy got his Wagner from another set. On this set the picture looks great, just like his reprint, but the name and team text aren't right - also like his reprint. There is also some interesting info on the back, which explains the card is worth $100,000. Funny, isn't that what he's trying to sell it for?
Too bad there isn't a more up to date reprint with the card's actual worth.
I usually don't chime in on threads like this, but really. I felt like I was reading one of those e-mails teling me that I won the lottery in Uganda and al I have to do to collect is send a blank check to some PO box in Oakland.