View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Default My first vintage card and what I paid for it!

Posted By: Lee

I started off collecting shiny crap about 14 years ago at the age of 7. Moved to 1950's Topps when I was about 10. Acquired cards of my favorite 50's players in bad condition. Blew a lot of money on shiny crap previously, which I still greatly regret. Went to a card show about 10 years ago at the Civic Center in Roanoke Virginia to buy more 50's cards. There was one dealer with a whole lot of small, odd at the time, looking cards. I knew a little about tobacco cards, but not much. The cards were of course T206's, and I was amazed at the colors over the shiny crap. I put down $20 and got two T206 commons, Hooks Wiltse Pitching and a Boss Schmidt Portrait. I knew nothing about the players whose cards I bought, I just thought the card design looked neat. Then I started doing some research about the T206's. I was interested in T206's, but i never bought anymore until a few years later. I dabbled in T206's over the 10 years, but not seriously until last July, when I decided to put the whole set together. Great how 2 cards can inspire you. 30 cards down, 490 to go. I have already got a quarter of the HOF's and most of the rare backs.