View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 11:05 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
For me this just confirms what I've known all along and I've had a methodology for trying to minimize the risk of altered cards for a long time. I'm waiting for a bit to see more certs exposed so I know whether I have to adjust my methodology at all, and I've completely punted one seller from consideration, but I think in the end it will continue to be proceed with caution rather than give up.
Yea that's really all we can do if we want to continue in this hobby which should bring enjoyment, not stress and aggravation. I get enough of that in real life.

I've always wanted a signed Ruth or Ruth/gehrig ball, but I've heard for years how many fakes are out there. There won't be any before and after shots to expose the fakes for those. But when the time is right I will try to educate myself and hope some of the autograph experts here will be willing to assist.