View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Hank Thomas

Default Mystery NOT Solved!!!!!!!!

I sincerely apologize for the confusion, but it wasn't until I saw Leon's blowup of the Legendary card (which it might actually be, my original input to the contrary) that I realized that the one on my mailer strip has several minor, but obviously very significant, differences. The size, image, and type font are exactly the same. BUT--my "Napolean" is spelled differently, and instead of being in all caps has only the "N," "L," and "J" in caps. In addition, mine has no double dash after the "B" in "2nd B." One other difference is the right margin, which on mine couldn't be cut quite as widely as seen in the Legendary example without impinging into the next "card" of Zimmerman to its right. The left margin of mine could be cut to 3/8" if desired, as that is the amount of blank space to the left border of the mailer. I feel terrible about any disruption I might have caused to the Legendary auction by my inaccurate intrusion upon it, and will immediately apologize to Doug and alert him to the new information. If the buyer sees this, you have my apology also. I will get scans of my piece up without a day or so for those who might be interested to see it, to show the differences I have mentioned, and also to partly atone for my sins.
Hank