Thread: More eBay fraud
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default More eBay fraud

Posted By: jay behrens

I watched a documentry on MSNBC a few nights ago about eBay. What a puff piece. They mentioned some of the problems they have, but they spent about 5 seconds on them. I got a good chuckle when they talked to the head of Safe Harbor. Even funnier was when the only problem they pointed out with PayPal was buyer that shafted because of his own stupidity. Nothing was mentioned about the real problem of buyers abusing PayPal's policy.

One thing I did find interesting is that is against eBay policy to sell a repint/reproduction without it being mentioned in the title. They said it doesn't matter if it is in the description, it has to be in the title too. As they were talkign about this, they should an auction being shutdown for this exact reason.

During this same segment, they showed how they people that look for bad auctions have broad powers to shutdown anything they want to for any reason. Not that they will shut many down, because it will cost them money, but it explains why some auctions appear to be randomly shut down.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.