View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default Help me solve a baseball card mystery

Posted By: Gary B.

This may be beyond even the members of this board, which as far as I'm concerned, if that's the case, then the mystery probably can't be solved at all.

I met a woman yesterday who said her grandfather played in the minor leagues, but also played in the major leagues for about 18 months back in the 20's or 30's. She said she thinks he played first base, and he played for the San Diego Padres. My research shows the Padres didn't exist before 1969, so she must have her facts a little off.

She's trying to find a baseball card with him on it, and she said she heard once that there's a team card at least that he's on. His name was Joe Randall - I did searches and can't find a record of this person's name as a former major leaguer.

I'm going to try and reach this woman to see if I can find out more concrete information as I told her if a card existed, I'd try and track it down for her, but so far things aren't looking promising.

Anyone here know who she could be possibly referring to? Maybe he was on some PCL team where a Zee-nut card exists?