View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Val Thanks it was the best Card pickup I have had in some time.
Back in the day it seemed every weekend I went to a show or flea Market I saw or bought something that sparked my collector engine and it happened so often that I took it for granted. Turning over a page of T206's in Silver spring MD and seeing all the cards had Red Hindu backs ( I left all the commons and just took the two HOF's including a WAJO) because the next table or the next show I was going to have the chance to get my grubby little baseball collecting hands on something bigger and better. Like all good things it came to pass
Changed but overall still a mass of collectors trading collecting hunting enjoying our time with these small pieces of paper. And I know most folks look at that Ruth and say so what but sitting in my office staring at that card I looked down and my hand was shaking like you I gasped. Really scary part was that there were two days left in auction..TWO VERY LONG DAYS...and each night I went to bed I felt like I was sped off to the Never land populated with Baseball hero's (And none bigger than Babe Ruth). And all is well that end's well. I got a real shot of collecting adrenaline and a great card, both I will treasure for a time.