View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 03:55 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

It was beyond ridiculous here.
Being only a one day show seemed to bring all of us collectors out of the woodwork, so it was jam packed (with a marked return of an overwhelming number of backpack people) everywhere, and you couldn't find a sliver of daylight to swivel through to get to the next table...yet here they were, further (and decisively) clogging everything up without a care in the world. Some had one hand on the stroller and the other one holding onto the hand of an ambulatory infant trying to escape their grasp as they bounced off the legs of people. Not a once did I hear a single, "Sorry," "Excuse me," or "Whoops! My apologies."

But the hubbies are the ones to blame.
These ladies didn't have a single interest in anything there and seemed to function as receptacles for whatever things their husbands bought and handed over to them in the chaos. A simple, "Darling, there's no need for you and the kiddies to come, I'll be fine on my own," would've went a long way...unless, of course, wifey responded, "On your own??? Alone??? You mean like how you went to the gym by yourself and couldn't stop hitting on Sarah, the hot physical therapist??? Is THAT what you mean by alone????!!!! I know damn well that if some lovely young thing starts showing you Roberto Clemente cards, you're going to leave me for her!!!! Just like my second husband did!!!!!!! I'm not letting you out of my sight, MISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 12-15-2023 at 04:16 PM.