View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 07:31 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Long term there needs to be some correlation between what you are saying and what you are selling. If there isn't, people eventually catch on. The current outings by the Blowout folks is a relatively new phenomenon. I get it that registry collectors have every incentive to continue to prop up the market value of PSA cards. But what about the person who is new to the hobby and is thinking of spending 5 or 6 figures on a slabbed card, and who is aware of what is taking place? Do you think that person will not be concerned about the soundness of his/her investment? How confident can he/she be that the next outed card will not be the one he/she just plucked $100k for?

I know I am sounding like a broken record, and I acknowledge not much has yet happened in regard to the market values of high grade slabbed vintage cards in PSA slabs. But with the outings continuing on a daily basis, continued FBI investigations, and the simple fact that IMO a very high percentage of high grade vintage slabbed cards ARE altered, I simply don't see how an informed prudent person can not begin to wonder if what he/she is buying will holds its value. And as time goes on and new collectors are needed to support the current market pricing, I am at a loss to understand how a person can be so confident in the long-term viability of high grade PSA vintage cards.
well said Corey...and you hit the nail on the head. It's one thing for current collectors to bury their heads in the sand to protect their "investments"...it's a whole different issue with newcomers looking to enter the hobby.