View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I am probably miss comprehending the rules but does it say you must own all of the previously mentioned cards to post? If that were the case, and the first card was the Wags, then everyone responding would need to own a T206 Wagner (and not Heinie)?

miss comprehending stood next to miss congeniality in the recent miss america contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
no, you don't have to own them, you have to add to the list ASSUMING you already owned all of the previous listed ones.

exactly. if you second guess a manager's decision in a ball game, you are rendering an opinion as if (or assuming that) you are the manager. Your opinion counts, even though you are not the manager.

The same principal applies here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I think Frank's first rule undoubtedly negates most of the posts so far, as Frank started off the list with the T206 Wagner:

1. Post one card in your post assuming that you own all the previously mentioned cards.

Bad, bad, evil Frank.

Brian

Not intended to be deceptive or disqualifying.
Most have interpreted this rule correctly.
A few have not.
Even my ESL teacher says the sentence is perfectly clear as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
LOL, I have to agree with Leon on this one. I think that first sentence was written after quite a bit of time at the 19th tee.

I would caution anyone about agreeing with Leon too often. Reread the first section of this post. My ESL teacher is aghast.
Amen. Rule section clarified.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 10-08-2018 at 04:34 PM.