View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 01:06 PM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

I think this is a great feed. I personally think the portraits are beautiful art pieces, especially the ones that really show the era...like Joe Tinker's ridiculous haircut. But I see you already have some of those portraits.

If you want T206s that the typical person who isn't a sports fan would care to look at while passing by, personally I think these would be some good ones:

- Fred Merkle Throwing (interesting story, beautiful card)
- Bill Donovan Throwing (most amazing sunset shot in the set)
- Mike Donlin Seated (great conversation started because he was a famous silent film star, and I think something is funny about the way he is casually chilling)
- Rebel Oakes (love that action shot)
- Ed Cicotte (most attractive Black Sox player card in the set)
- Willie Keeler w/ Bat (Most gorgeous HOF action shot in the set...if you ignore the pricey Ty Cobbs)
- Al Burch batting (another great sunset card, and it's fun to collect because it's a rather tough common to find in appealing shape)
- Ed Reulbach No Glove Showing (shows off the really cool old school cubs uniform)
- Mike Powers (interesting story for any guest that cares to listen, but a cool image of catchers equipment)
- Hal Chase w/ Trophy (people are bound to ask the story behind the trophy)

Another thought would be to mix up portraits with action shots. Like every other card can be a portrait and then action shot. There are so many great portrait shots as I'm sure you're aware. Like Patsy Dougherty, Ginger Beaumont, Ed Walsh, etc.

Hope this helps. You should post a picture of whatever you end up doing when your project is done. I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing as I already have a display of 30 portrait cards, but I would love to sprinkle in some great looking action shots.

Last edited by The Nasty Nati; 12-19-2014 at 01:15 PM.