View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I'm embarrassed to post in this thread after the stuff everybody is putting up. But to put my embarrassment into perspective, I just got into vintage cards in August when I picked up my first.

I didn't have any goals coming into 2017. But I did sell out of all of my modern cards, with the exception of my 2 PCs (Tyrell Jenkins and Rickey Dudley) and Rangers collection. The Rangers collection will be going as well as soon as I can figure out the best way to move it.

All that said, I picked up my first vintage card in August and now am up to a 3-row shoebox of vintage cards. They're all sorted by year, priced, sleeved and top loaded.

I was also able to put together my first vintage set - 1974 Topps baseball. Putting in that final card a few months back felt really nice. But now I'm ready to break it up, sell all the cards and upgrade to another year. I realize I love to put sets together, break them down and try to put together a set that's a little older. My ultimate goal is to get up to a 1957 complete set.

So I guess my 2018 goals are just to continue building my vintage collection. I just paid for my biggest card yet - a 1961 Topps Roger Maris. It should be here later this week or early next and will be a good start to my 2018 collecting.

I also want to try and piece together another set as I did the '74 set. I wound up spending a grand total of $80 on it by trading modern for some of the bigger names. Will hopefully sell the cards from the '74 set for a profit and use the money to piece together a set from the earlier 70s, possibly late 1960s.

As I said, I'm just getting going into vintage and love the trading and upgrading aspect of the hobby. I hope I can continue to do that.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 12-20-2017 at 03:37 PM.