View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I would imagine that when you start using any listing service you will have similar problems if you ever want to break away.
This was exactly the reason that I went with the Simple Store software that our own Bob Freedman (hi Bob) runs as a companion to his Simple Auction platform. I had been using a series of Excel spreadsheets to catalog my inventory and generate .csv files for uploading to eBay with their TurboLister tool. For various reasons, I was looking for something different than TL, and was able to migrate over to listing via the Simple Store software relatively painlessly. There was a bit of a learning curve, as with any new software, but I did not have to re-enter thousands of listings, which was the only reason I was able to make the break. It was just a matter of re-configuring my spreadsheets, re-uploading the images to their ftp server, and then pushing everything out to eBay. It was a bit pricier on the front end to get started, but having used them for about 3 years now, I am pleased with the relative ease with which I can generate new listings, push them up to eBay, pull them down if need be, and the auto-relist feature they have implemented is an incredible time-saver. I'm sure there are ways to do it cheaper, but I couldn't imagine holding down a full-time job, spending time with my family, AND managing the 16k+ active listings that I have posted on eBay without something like this. There is a point where time-saving features become a necessity to keep all the plates spinning.

And no, Bob did not pay me to say any of this, or even request my endorsement