View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default In hopes of 2008

Posted By: DMcD

My hobby hopes are as follows: First, I am going to do my damnedest to get to the Chicago National this summer. I had a great time meeting the West Coast guys in Anaheim two years ago and I'd like to shake some East Coast hands this time, oogle all that lovely cardboard and maybe take in a Cubs game. It's a long way from Honolulu to Illinois (just ask Barack Obama) but it would be a dream trip. Second, I'd like to get some control over my disorganized collection. I finally own a scanner, thanks to the bride, and I would like to employ it in compiling an organized inventory. Would like to add pictures to my SGC Registry D304 set and maybe put my T3 set on the PSA registry, too. Also have a whack of cards I'd like to get graded, and since I have never shipped cards to a grader it will be a bit of a big deal for me. Third, I do not plan on repeating 2007's big ticket orgy (but ya never know) but instead hopefully will stick to filling the odd puka in my collection, e.g., don't have a Zeenut with a coupon and don't have any OJs so maybe the right typecard will come along.

Edited to add: Fourth hobby hope is to shorten my N54 log-in name to help keep threads from doing that annoying wrap-around thing. And why I am denoted as "Select Login" as opposed to plain "Login" is a mystery to me. Maybe it's just because I'm like, you know, special.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou, Hoppy New Jeer and all that jazz to all of you, and say a kind word heavenward for Hawaii's Rainbow Warriors as they attempt to avoid getting their butts killed on Tuesday.

GO 'BOWS