View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions

Posted By: Rob L

David,

Stick with us. You have offered incredible insights into this hobby and it seems to me that REA took this episode in the wrong light. This is a forum for the discussion of the vintage baseball hobby and therefore is a forum of opinion. There is absolutely nothing wrong for you to state your opinion. I believe you are the one that is constantly reminding people to check things out carefully before buying. The fact that the buyer asked REA about the photo based of your initial opinion shows that the buyer is using common sense. If the photo is authentic, REA should have no problem making the buyer comfortable with his/her purchase. If the buyer did receive the photo and later determined that the photo was not authentic, he/she would return it for a refund anyways. The fact that you retracted your statements and made that very clear should have comforted REA with regards to the authenticity of the photo.

I, for one, have appreciated the information you have given me on everything from tintypes I have purchased to an early baseball. I hope you stick around.

Rob