View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions

Posted By: HalleyGator

I think this thread is a great example of everything that is RIGHT about this board!!!!

1) We have one of the leading vintage photography experts in the country who comes on here and gives us his expert opinions and knowledge about certain items! Is he always going to be right? Maybe not ... but in the rare instance when he may not be right, he simply retracts his statements and hopefully continues to help all of us in the future with his insight. I have no doubt that he TRULY thought that he was correct when he made his post, and did so without malice. I suspect he will admit this in due time. CONCLUSION: The board is much better off with his input.

2) We have the head of one of the leading vintage card auction houses coming onto our board and recognizing the power and wealth of information that we possess! Could he have just ignored the claims that were being made about his multi-million dollar venture? Sure ... but he came to OUR board of all places to address the issue. CONCLUSION: This is the place for serious vintage card collectors.

3) We have a moderator who had the good sense to delete a particular thread that could have been harmful to a seemingly good auction house AND to one of our great board members. Rather than fan the flames and throw bombs at either person ... he simply moved us all along past the issue. CONCLUSION: This will never again become the "free-for-all" that it once was back at the old site!

4) I am here. That has to count for something.