Thread: Admin Question
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: petecld

I know when this was discussed before that the feedback you received was against the idea of posting Buy/Sell messages on the board but the number of responses to that thread seems to imply otherwise. Collectors do/are using this board as a source to locate others who can possibly fill in their want lists. There really is no way of starting over without everyone re-posting their requests. Was doing it the old way so bad? Did it really get out of hand?

My first proposal is to just go back to doing it the old way, or. . .

If you still want to keep them in one thread, then my idea is to make 3 new threads: "For sale" - "Wanted" - "For Trade"

Those using these threads will:

- post what they have to trade, want to buy, or want to sell & where to find them in the respective thread.

- use NO pictures (just to save time)

- MUST post a personal email address for others to respond to

People won't reply here, ONLY to the personal email addresses so you won't need to scroll through a series of replys. The thread will be NOTHING BUT a certain type of request - just like classified ads.

I also think if you just reply to the top post the new ones don't shift to the right as they appear to do on my computer. I could be wrong.

Does this help?