View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:05 PM

Default Late breaking 1936 S&S Game Card news

The 1936 S&S Game Card set most likely contains the cheapest PreWW2 cards available, and has never been one showing much collector interest.

I am about to elevate its intrigue level to just above a plain white envelope.

The cards come with either a dark green back or a tan back, with the tan back being the much more scarce variation. What I recently discovered regarding the tan back variation should rock the ever burgeoning PreWW2 game card collecting community to its core.

Note in the scans below that the last name of Kiki Cuyler is misspelled 'Cyler'. This is on the tan back version of the card. My supposition, based upon this revelation, is that the Tan back cards were issued first(!), and that this error was corrected on the subsequent issue of the more frequently seen green back versions of these game cards.

It would be interesting to find out if any possessors of the 1936 S&S Game Card of Kiki Cuyler can come forward with any other versions beyond what is shown below, or if any other variations in the set have been seen.

To recap, 1936 S&S Game Card tan backs were most likely issued before the green back versions. You may now proceed on with your life as if this revisionist dialogue never existed, and continue to believe that plain white envelopes are more interesting than these cards.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sandscylercuyler411.jpg (75.5 KB, 524 views)
File Type: jpg sandscylercuyler412.jpg (78.3 KB, 524 views)