Thread: Gehrig
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 03:06 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbspelly View Post
Are there many fake "rushed" Gehrigs? I would figure that if you were going to do a fake Gehrig you would do a regular signature so it would be more facially acceptable. Kind of like I wouldn't expect there to be as many fake early Mantles (pre-half moons) as fake late ones. Or is this naivete on my part?
I'm not an expert on Gehrig but am somewhat familiar with the rushed version. I was thinking this as well. Just seems unlikely that someone would A: have the nerve to forge on a Goudey card (I know it has happened with players though), B: Forge rushed/shortened signature style (less desirable) and C: Forge signature vertically (upside down).

But playing devils advocate those could also be attributed I suppose to a clever scammer trying to throw someone of with forging something that way.

Again, I'm not even giving an opinion on the signature. I'd suspect its a good rushed one but defer to people more knowledgeable on Gehrig. I too just thought it would be an odd way to forge a Gehrig, given the details.