View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Population Report- How Accurate?

Posted By: MVSNYC

i hear what everyone is saying about accuracy of pop reports...i have a thought. now think about this...IF someone cracks open a card, let's say a mint 9...whether or not it still resides in a holder, it has been acknowledged as a mint 9 card by a recognized grading service...so it is still a mint 9 card...even though it has been cracked-out, the card still exists on the planet, but it merely has been shed of its plastic holder...if the pop report before the cracking-open session was 3 (three) mint 9's...does anyone here still believe there are 3 mint 9's...are do you think there are now 2? the third card still is out there, so the pop will remain accurate...NOW, if the flip (which i never understood why it's called a flip, becuase the information is on the front side, not the "flip" side, but that's for another thread) is sent back to the grading company and is removed from the pop report, does that make things accurate by now saying there are 2 mint 9's...when in reality there are 3? food for thought...