View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Population Report- How Accurate?

Posted By: Mike

I had a situation a few years ago, whereby I gave three rare cards to PSA. Not important which ones. Anyway....one came back a grade 5. A year later it still showed on the report that they had never graded a 5. This was also the case with two other examples I can recall. I still own the cards. A well known dealer took them to PSA for me, on a scheduled trip, and they then added them to the report. I sent several messages myself to PSA, and for the most part, got no response. Now...because they showed no 5, ever being graded, I knew that if I ever went to sell them, this would raise questions from the buyer. I asked PSA, why they were having this problem, again no response. It they had been cards where there were 50 other grade "5's" it wouldn't have mattered so much. I have had this problem a couple times since. or....knowing there were two graded, a specific grade, and then months later, still seeing two graded, not three. This problem, and resubmissions, I give very little credence to the pop reports. I sure wish this weren't the case.