View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Default New T206 Collector Seeking Advice!

Posted By: B Kaz

Ray,

I started getting into the t206 set about a year ago. I knew I loved the colors, the pictures, the idea of nearly 100 year old tobacco cards, and the great era of baseball that it was. I had only one problem...where the heck do I start. Like you I bought a few low end, inexpensive cards to see what they were like. I loved them. I then happened along this forum, and it has given me so much valuable information about collecting. Especially how to spot fakes, and auctions to avoid. I started with the hopes of getting a full set, but it being so large, and funding being less than I would like, I decided to focus on Hall of Famer portraits (irregardless of back). From there I will likely branch out into other areas but for the time being it allowed me to collect from the 10ft view rather than the 30,000ft view.

I would invest in some of the books available as well like T-206 Monster and others. They helped me understand the history of the t206 set. Good luck to you, and thank you to all the great experts this forum offers us!