View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Default New T206 Collector Seeking Advice!

Posted By: Brueso

Both of these issues (Obaks were tobacco, and for caramel cards, you have the E92, E90-1, etc. series) are also great looking and have great designs. The Obak series is full of designs like the T206 where you basically have a player out in a field (not a baseball field- an actual field) often with beautiful orange skies- definitely the "Field of Dreams" effect. They're pretty psychedelic, especially considering when they were made, and generally there's a little less competition. The Obak series depicts players from the Pacific Coast minor league system and E92s, etc. depict MLB players.

If you end up putting together a "back variations" subset, you also might want to look at picking up a card or two from the T213 series, which used some (all?) T206 player designs but had Coupon cigarette backings.

I never pursued a complete T206 collection- but I did put together the subset of horizonatal layout cards (6) and a lot of the ones with the orange skies.

If you check on the web, you can find sites that have images of all the cards in the T206 series. I think the excellant Library of Congress site of baseball cards might have that set?