View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 PM
Rich Klein

How many times when something a big company does wrong and is exposed do you hear these words: I wish they had let us handle that internally.

To me, that is code for: "If we handle it privately, we can keep everything under the rug and no bad pub can occur.

Right now in my office there are three "issues" with mgmt. -- one very minor and stupid and two very legit and needs to be fixed.

If you live in Allen, you know about Max's Donuts -- which may be the best donuts in the DFW area. For several months last summer -- the staff was bringing in those donuts on Friday Morning but for various reasons they are not brought in any more. While better for my health, you should never take away things once you start doing things for your clients (renters)

The others are far more legit -- right now -- if you work during off hours -- you have to climb 30 steps outside to get to the back entrance so you can actually work 24/7 if you decide. One of the selling points of the office is guaranteed 24/7 access. Now, if you are handicapped in some way, you really don't have 24/7 access and the current entrance is an ADA violation during off hours. Supposedly the part is ordered to fix the door but there appears to be no rush

And during the summer -- and let's remember Texas summers are kind of sort of warm, the HVAC is turned off after Saturday at noon. Now the building management claims that Regus did not negotiate for that -- but geez if you advertise 24/7 accessibility --- then you better damn well deliver.

So, that's how upper management at Regus Watters Creek is failing their customers and when I filled out their survey the next day they sent a follow up survey with how did they do. Well, my answer was,, be nice if someone actually spoke to me on the phone before such a survey was sent.

And that's why things go public, because companies (in this case Regus) does not respond to people working internally. Sometimes you got to vent and say what you think is wrong with an experience.

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-15-2019 at 09:32 AM.