View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Others are protected... By their knowledge of the hobby, and by not having a desire to grab something cheaply off of others to make a quick buck.

And you stated your intention... So did he.
You said it yourself... He said "I THINK it will be a 3"
And "I WON'T offer any guarantees".....
You ACCEPTED those conditions making the purchase.... Right?

Is there no PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY left in the world??

Honestly Stephen, accept the position you put yourself in, and move on like a big boy...
Its a learning experience that you sorely need.

Focus on your trade up scenario, as you seem to be getting support and it looks like you could make that a reality.
Its not a huge loss to take, and considering the enthusiam you show (which I like), you'll spring back, plus you'd earn the respect of a lot of board members by just moving on.

Just my opinion Stephen, but don't let this scenario sour you.....
Everyone has transactions they regret... You'll rise above it in the end.
Take care.
Yes but the idea is that the board should live up to a higher standard of customer service, friendliness, support, whatever you want to call it.

Clearly from Tim's listings and his response to another potential buyer, he was someone coming in to make a hit and run. Unfortunately he did just that, and the people most vulnerable to a situation like that are guys like Stephen, with a few bucks, a little knowledge, and a huge desire to get ahead.

This was absolutely NOT a case of an innocent mistake by a seller, but a calculated attempt to defraud, or at least "beat" any number of potential buyers. He came on as a complete newb to the board and posted a ton of ads immediately.

Coincidentally, one of the reasons I try and see the good in Stephen is I made at least one deal with him before his foray into more atteniton-grabbing posts. It was a good deal for both of us on a tough item. I'm no rookie, though I haven't been on n54 long, there is very little chance of someone rooking me, and even less chance of me dealing with a person who even gives me the impression of TRYING to get over on me. I came out ahead on the item, He feels he did great on it too I'm sure. But the main impression he gave me is one of enthusiasm. If he could hang out on here long enough and read widely enough those dewy spots behind his ears should dry quite nicely. as for the attention thing...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions