View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
This is a painting???? wow
Yes it is, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt39 View Post
Very nice; I look forward to seeing your newfound improvements applied to a baseball piece. I can see a definite style budding, particularly in the Koufax piece -- very different from Graig's, to be sure, but potentially quite appealing in its own right and perhaps also unique to your perspective. To my eye, much as Graig's style really lends itself to an aesthetic that is more typical of pre-westward movement baseball, the beginnings of your own style evoke post-war modernism. That may be why I am much more taken by the Koufax, with its reflection of his sleek and efficient power, then the Robinson, which seeks to capture a moment of rough-and-tumble grit. I recommend you look to develop that style, and look to create images that work with it. (I can easily imagine older players working with it as well -- Williams and DiMaggio being obvious choices.)
Thank you! I really have come a long way from my first paintings, have learned a lot about painting in the time since as well. I do a lot of modern work and my style definitely reflects that. There are some really nice images I have already got that will help me with my style of some of the legends. Thank you very much for your insightful input here!