Thread: I mean really?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Ryan

I think you are getting my point on this with what you highlighted. Its not that he's trying to sell this and fake people out person to person. He's trying to tell people that they can do that to someone else because he's had tons of opportunities to do so but because of his ethics he did not. But for all you "unethical" people out there this is the type of card you could buy and sell as an original if you are into that sort of thing. Not that he is or anything "wink wink", but if you are this is the one that you can easily do that with. Doesn't say reprint or anything on it he says. Why say that in the description if that is not what you are alluding to.

I think for the most part we are getting past people trying to pass off reprints as originals and make money from them on ebay because they will get popped for it with buyer protection. Now its buy this reprint that looks so real and then you can take this card off the ebay site and sell it yourself as an original at your local flea market. That's the direction most of these guys are going now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
Let's look at the description again:

Bought a bunch of cards years ago to decorate my man cave and this was one of them. I was told that they are reprints, even though they look 100% Authentic & the labels or cards don't say reprint. So, it might be real!
Great display piece and will be the topic of conversation for anyone who sees it. It was slabbed this way for display purposes. I can't begin to tell you how many people asked me if I would sell it. They had no clue this was a reprint. When I told them, they couldn't believe it because it looks 100% Authentic. A few people even said I was wrong and wanted to buy it anyway. I would just laugh and say "its not for sale".
A few said I was wrong and wanted to buy it. I would just laugh and say "it's not for sale". Yeah, right. After reading this, I believe it is real and all his friends are right!!.

An absolute must have to show your family and friends how awesome your collection is or just to decorate around your home.

Would make a nice coaster for your sweet tea glass.

Last edited by rocarroll; 09-23-2015 at 07:11 AM.