View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 09:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianruns10 View Post
Hey All,

Normally I buy PSA, and to a lesser extent SGC (which I eventually cross). However, I'm considering my first GAI buy, as there is an auction now for a very nice, well centered Duke Snider card, for my 52 topps set. Having never bought GAI though, I'm unsure how well those cards cross over to PSA. I'd expect they tend to grade higher, so I should expect a loss when it goes to PSA. What I'm trying to figure out is how much of a loss should I expect so as to not overpay? The card is graded 8 by GAI, and it would definitely get at least 6.5 to 7 by my eye.

What has your experience been? And is GAI pretty reliable when it comes to spotting altered cards? I'd hate to buy one only to get an Altered qualifier from PSA!

I would factor in a 2 grade loss...the more high value the card, the more i woudld factor it in as theres more of a chance it was already attempted to be crossed..

I always find it interesting how the Buyer always seem to think blindly that the seller never thought the same thing as the buyer 'send to psa and get a the same or type of grade that makes the card worth more' of course the seller has already considered that....they may of purchased it themselves in the past with that in mind......

there may be risk of having the card labeled as 'trimmed' as well on the higher condiition and/or more valuable ones.

for cheap cards i can see why it wasnt worth it for the seller to get crossed ..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 09-17-2015 at 09:46 AM.