View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
In my opinion, the VET pennants are relatively rare and unusual given how easy it is to find ASCO pennants of the same age. The version of Giants and Astros pennants marked with VET is rare when actually marked with "VET", but maybe even more rare when not (i.e., same pennant, not mark). I've seen some, but don't have any (vet colors/design, no vet mark). The vet versions also have a bit more color/design than the typical Giants/Astros ASCO pennant.
Note that, of these two Giants pennants, one is marked "VET"; and the other bears ASCO's mark.

Here's four Dodger pennants from that same series/era. One bears ASCO's mark; the other Madaras' mark; next one shows "VET / MADE IN USA"; and the last simply reads "MADE IN USA" (No mention of VET). I've also seen a fifth variant bearing no mark at all--just an MLB logo and the year "1969"; and sixth variant with no MLB logo or date or maker's mark--absolutely nothing (probably from 1968, before the league cracked down on licensing).

Regardless, I think all six were made by either ASCO or Madaras; including the "VET" ones, which I suspect was simply a concessionaire's mark used by one of these companies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (42).jpg (13.6 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg image (41).jpg (12.9 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg image (43).jpg (11.2 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg image (32).jpg (16.1 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by Domer05; 09-09-2021 at 11:59 PM.