View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Jim VB

The things I hate most about Presidential elections:

1.) Both side are disingenuous. McCain says Obama will raise everyone's taxes and his followers believe him. Obama says AIG wasted $400,000 on a "lavish trip" and people believe him. Palin says she told Congress "Thanks, but no thanks" and people believe her. Biden ... well, Biden says anything and, I guess nobody ever believes him.

They are all lies. They think politics works this way. It shouldn't. In the end, we always end up rewarding the guys that tell the best lies.

2.) The debate formats have to be "approved" by both camps. End result? There is never any true debate. There is a recitation of talking points. Why can't Gwen say "Gov. Palin, after you told Congress 'Thanks, but no thanks', isn't it true you took the Federal money anyway and spent it on other projects?" Challenge the suckers when they lie! Or at least, let them actually debate each other.

3.) Ask each side to lay out their Cabinet/Administration BEFORE the election. I'd like to see who's backing these guys up.

I have many more suggestions. I'm going to keep them off of a Baseball Card board.