View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Steven

I can go along with the demand theory based on the thin stock and obvious upgrade the following year. They also took the time to update teams changes and add another 32 players although most were insignificant and points more in the direction of increased demand.

On the distribution though, there are roughly 3xs as many 1915s as 1914s...contrary to popular belief the 1915s aren't as plentiful as some seem to think and there are definitely harder cards to find in the set. I always thought the geographic pattern of both years would have been similar, baseball was only represented my certain areas. CJ would have simply upped the supply the following year. 3xs to me when total pops of cards from the 1915 set are still in the 60s, just isn't a ton of cards being produced. Kids did open these packages, I would agree that more should survive then. I just don't think that many were produced, I believe there were 2 prints in the 1914s and I think there are still some pockets of 1914s unknown to the hobby.