View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Perhaps people don't trade as much because it's easier to get exactly what you want. In the old days of grocery store Topps wax pack, you'd get a random assortment of cards including dupes an teams you don't collect.

Though, even in the internet days, trading was much more common 15 years ago. I trade back then.

Also, I once traded with a domestic terrorist and got some ricin on my cards. He said it was an accident and the ricin wasn't mean for me. Other than his anti-government rants, he seemed like a nice guy so I believed him. But you won't believe how hard it is to get ricin out of silks. Cotton is easy-- a few spin cycles and some hydrogen peroxide-- but silk is a total bitch. Later on someone told me to microwave the damn silk for fifteen minutes, that that was too late for my favorite boxers. F*ck this internet trading bs, I thought, and went back to Telegrade.
I would be a bit careful about joking around with anything related to any terrorism nowadays. There are people who read this board that would not take those comments lightly.