View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Todd Schultz

I don't have strong feelings about the refusal to speak, but the crotch grab is bush league. I think he comes off as a jerk, but if that's what he wants or least has to understand will be the perception, then so be it. It bothers me less during Super Bowl week, which is so overdone with inane questions--what's your favorite flavor of jello and who was your second-grade teacher--that sooner or later you can understand the desire to just shut up or read prepared cliches. The guy has given decent interviews in the past so this schtick is not due to some sort of insecurity or discomfort with speaking. Maybe he got burned. Either way, I would have no problem with the media--the world actually--just ignoring him.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.