View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
This situation brings up an interesting question.
I see, in the members list, one of the columns is ebay ID. Is that field searchable? If so, perhaps a campaign to get people to put their ebay IDs in more would allow Net54 members to more easily find each other when dealing with ebay items.
I'm not suggesting we circumvent ebay and rob them of their profit.(I would never, ever suggest such a terrible thing. ) I just think if everyone was listed then perhaps threads like this wouldn't happen and everyone winds up happy. Sellers sell stuff and collectors get stuff.
Mark,
I never thought to do so before, but sure enough, you can search Net54 members by their posted eBay IDs by going to the menu bar above and starting with the "Community" drop-down:

Community=> Members List=> Search Members=> Advanced Search

Searching by eBay ID is one of the options there. Of course, as you say, only a small percentage of Net54 users have their eBay ID's posted, but you never know.

Also, as I noted today that one of the changes with eBay's search functionality was to do away with the "search by bidder" advanced search option, perhaps more members will be willing to post their ID's (no more fear of a lurker spying what you are bidding on and beating you to the punch or running you up).