View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
" If I had to design one, the front would have nothing but the year and name of issue. The name of the player is on the effing card. All the grade info, serial number, etc would be the back as it is ugly and technical and heavily detracts from the card, imo."
Some issues don't have names on the card such as the '48, 50, and 53 bowman sets. There are probably others. I would think people would like the grade of the card to be on the front. Especially at a card show, I wouldn't want to ask the dealer what the grade of a card is every time I see something I'm interested in. Dealers get busy at times assisting other customers and it's easier to just scan through their table knowing what the grade is rather than wondering if it's graded "A" or has a numerical grade. I wouldn't want to wait half an hour for the dealer to finally get to me and then realizing the card is altered.

For what it's worth, I like the green border on the SGC flips better. Wished it didn't have the perforation though. I agree with everyone that the grade is way too large a font.

Jerry Lem