View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 06:35 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Why would anyone expect a consignment company to grade the grading companies? His stance is the most obvious stance that any business would take. If PSA or SGC slabbed it, then he'll list it. Seems like a no brainer. There are millions of trimmed cards in this hobby. Good luck tracking them all down.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Market Moving Guys Don't Care once in a PSA holder with a number grade it's gravy train baby!!!
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I couldn't agree more about there being millions of trimmed cards already graded with many more being graded daily. I also can't imagine a business turning down cash by not listing graded cards.
Yup

I don't agree with his point of view but I can see where where he's coming from. My take is that at least you know where he stands and that you can surmise he won't provide a refund on a holdered/slabbed card (with a numerical grade) that a buyer suspects is trimmed or altered. However, I would guess he might consider a refund, or some other course of action, if the buyer is a whale of a customer that he depends on to fatten his wallet.

I see this as his way of putting it out there. It's kind of hard to blame him because he's a business man offering a service for which people will willingly accept mediocrity.

I've purchased from him before and will continue to do so if the card is something I want and through my observation doesn't appear to be altered (or would be willing to accept the card as such).

I don't think that a few collectors boycotting his auctions is going to make a difference. Sadly, this seems to be the collecting world we live in. This is one of those lines that is very blurred.

The only way a difference will be made is if the TPGs are somehow made accountable and we know that isn't going to happen.

PSA8 Wagner T206.jpg