View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 05:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I guess cracking slabs from goofball companies doesn't count? I also crack BCCG slabs a lot because I hate the product and think disreputable people use the different system to fool naive buyers. When I do sell a BCCG 10 I point out in the listing that the system is not the same as all other grading services. I also always open Beckett Raw Card Review sleeves. I am sure they see themselves as innovative, I just see them as a company willing to do anything to make a buck.
BCCG aren't bad cards it's just a program with a different grading scale and made for the Home Shopping Network. The cards I have seen and have are fine. What company doesn't do what they can to make a buck? PSA is a marketing genius (apparently as millions of lemmings follow mindlessly) and their grading is no better thank Beckett or SGC. They invented the registry, half grades, resubmissions and more, all to make a buck. That is what businesses do. As far as disreputable people using the different system, I would say most read the lablel BUT non-collectors could certainly be fooled. I don't like the program of BCCG as it's confusing but the cards in the holders that I have seen look ok....Happy collecting

ps...I generally don't crack cards but have on many occasions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topps66palmerx2bccgpsa.jpg (77.0 KB, 103 views)